6.25.2007

red daylily


I am particularly fond of this daylily. My daughter picked it out when she was much younger, when it was sitting, quite dilapidated, in the clearance section of the nursery, in the dog days of August. She had to rescue it and give it a home, because she is just that kind of girl.

To make its life harder, we divided it and planted it in two locations. The two plants persevered the first couple of years, with only one or two blooms on each plant, but still beautiful. Just today, I noticed how well they are thriving, with prolific blooming in their peaceful, shady locations. I love a plant with a back story. :)

9 comments:

Sharon said...

That is absolutely gorgeous.

MaryD said...

Very nice. Looks like it's almost glowing...luminous...

SUSAN said...

0h my...lovely! I have the garden varity daylily and it is pretty but not near as striking as your red. :-)

Susan

Lissa said...

Love the rich red. Looks almost velvet.

Carol Ann Weaver said...

I just discovered the other day that we have these Day Lilys in my side yard (too many flowers to keep track of!), and it was going to be my picture of the day, but I opted for something else. I will have to try to post one soon. Ours are a slightly different color, but I just love them! Yours is gorgeous!

Unknown said...

wow! that's fantastic

jo(e) said...

Such gorgeous colour.

Sandie said...

Amazing! It really made me stop and stare!!!

Sandy said...

Beautiful! Love the shades of color!